Sunday, January 15, 2006

Memoirs of a Fat Pig

Just saw the movie, Memoirs of a Geisha,

quick review, OK, as usual, too much hype for a nice tale, nothing too viceral our outstanding about the movie, it was more like a graceful flick, graceful as the art itself ( i hope that was what the director was thinking about anyway).

But I must admit, Zhang Zi Yi did a fantastico job, this coming from ME the I FORMERLY THINK SHE'S THE MOST ANOYING ACTRESS ON SCREEN, thanks to movies like the road home, where I thought Zhang Yi Mau literally kept "screwing" her with the camera lens.

She has totally made me eat my socks, and I'll be the first to say she might win the oscar! or at least the kid playing her character should, outstanding performance.

I wonder what it would be like if I had my own memoirs in a book? i'd love it to be a horror/comedy/drama/love story/action flick.....hell it's Shaun of the Dead! why didnt that movie win any oscar's eh? not even a BAFTA?

Well i guess it's a new year and I'm starting to wonder what makes me tick in the movies, I've been trying to enjoy my bang for the buck, at the same time trying not to succumb to rubbish, but hell when you're tired and out of ya mind, you'll kinda accept anything that comes in THX, Lucas is a genius!

Now I don't even know what I'm rambling about, but somewhere out there, some weird shit is thinking the same thing.

Gee I wonder whether I'll ever make any movies at all? I am still young, I always fear by the time I get round to it, film won't be a viable option, looking at Malaysia, it's more likely to jump Digital like how telcos want to jump to 3G even though less than half the country has PC's.

People keep telling me, don't worry about the format, it's IDEAS that count.

Yeah i'm sure IDEAS are the most important thing a person can poses, but hell I'd love to hear the film rolling in the damn camera, the madness the budget will escalate if that film roll keeps on rolling, the bigger amount of money it's gonna take to get the film digitized, edited, and transfered back to film reels, it's the whole soul behind it. At least that's what a film-virgin yearns for.

Digital will always be efficient, but it's as cold as what it represents.

Hopefully when my cinematic-virginity has to be bargained upon like the Geisha's, I hope I get a good price.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

now that u've mentioned that it was a superb performance by Zhang ZY, I think i have to watch it too.. write another review when u watch another movie ok..

YU JIAN said...

You strike me as a type who'd do justice to 30's noir, hard-as-nails Chicago mob shit with witty dialogue. Or a Brit-type stylo crime-caper. Don't know. Just a hunch. Oh well, go study more of David Fincher, Tarantino & Takashi Miike. They're more your type.