Monday, May 08, 2006

A familiar feeling

Been awhile since I've accessed a computer for free at a cafe, as in the cafe's computer.


The current trend would be to lug around your own laptop an access the internet, wireless.
And aren't laptop's cheap? it used to cost an estate for some glorified calculator to sit heavily on your lap, now its affordable, powerful and light. (thank you taiwan for your cheap labour)


Or people opt for PDA's or PDA Phones, which reminds me, my HP Ipaq's touch screen got totally smashed after I'd mistaken it for something you leave on your lap. Seeing it gets unnoticed after awhile, you tend to stand up while it slips off your lap onto the hard floor, in fact it was carpeted, but it couldnt save the screen nevertheless.

I'm all out of warranty, and I'm pretty sure its gonna cost the same price to fix it/buying a new one.

So that's another expensive piece of machinery down the drain, because nothing is built to last, not cars, not kitchen stoves, nothing.

So if I really get cheap in the future, I might as well not buy any new computers seeing it's always a race to be ahead in technology, plus there are so many outlets to get free access

like such

Now I just have to find more free food options and ride a bicycle, I'll soon be on my way to be a million aire, or at least happy whenever the price of fuel rockets.

No comments: